Etla Isle is an island a little smaller than Ireland. It is found roughly southwest of Kasuria, though it is not part of Furcadia canon. It exists on another plane, if you will, accessable through a magical rift surrounding the island (think bermuda triangle). Etla is a very magic-based place, and the city of Eileadora has managed to capture some of that power and use it to make advancements. The magic boundaries also allow for a wider range of species and classes.
We welcome all species, races, classes (furres, humans, elves, trolls, vampires, lycans, goblins, gremlins, dryads, swamp monsters, fairies, angels, demons...) We do however, try to keep balanced character sheets for all members (main characters and alternates) to keep play somewhat 'fair'. Members may own a home or run a shop, or take up any of a number of other positions throughout the city and are encouraged to add to the story of the city.
As a long-term continuity, we have years of rich back story and content to pull from for future plots. RP style is strict whenever dealing with a main storyline plot, but left to the player's discretion the rest of the time.
For more information on the dream, continuity, rules, etc. please refer to our Forums.
If you'd like to come check out the dream, you can `join Etla Isle.
1. R-E-S-P-E-C-T. I expect everyone here to be able to play nicely with others. Even if you have some bad history, find a way to play around each other, or simply ignore each other completely. Unnecessary drama is something I have little patience for. Being rude or nasty to other players is a surefire way to get yourself banned. This is an OOC/player rule you must follow to be able to continue playing here. Characters can be [@$%!#] to each other all they want, so long as it's not an OOC dislike bleeding into IC conversation. Seriously. Be cool. Remember this is just a game and we're all here to have fun. No drama. No harassment. No name calling. I realize we all lose our cool from time to time, but if it becomes a habit, you're done here.
2. OOC & IC Age Requirements. Eileadora is a 16+ rated dream. You must be at least 16 years of age (as a player) to play within the dream. As Eileadora is a fairly peaceful city, children can be found wandering about (IC) and are welcome in the city. Valshiem is an 18+ rated dream. You must be at least 18 years of age (as a player) to play within the dream. Children/Underage characters are not allowed in Valshiem. For characters that will be traveling between cities, PLEASE be aware of the rating difference!
Furcadia's rating standards can be found here
3. Membership. You must be an approved member of the continuity to be fully recognized by continuity RP. Non-members will most likely not be allowed to affect large plots and members can choose to ignore you during their personal RPs if they feel it may hinder the story later on. This is set up this way to allow for a more seamless flow through major plots and storylines, without having to edit RPs because a random character is missing.
4. Alternate Characters. You are allowed up to 4 regular alts in either of the dreams and up to 6 alts between both dreams. I prefer that only one 'main' character have property (house, shop), but that all depends on how much available space there is. You are allowed an OOC alt and NPC alts and may use extra 'throw away' alts for plots.
5. OOC/Idle/AFK. Please try to remain IC whenever in public areas of the map. Keep OOC chat in [brackets] or in whispers/group chat, or move to the OOC area or Discord. If you idle in a public area, you may find yourself moved to the OOC room by staff (likely only if you get in the way of RP). Please remember that OOC rules (especially #1) still apply to the OOC areas, including Discord!
6. Consent, Character Death & Resurrection. Etla has always been fairly open in the past when it comes to allowing players to play in whatever style is most comfortable to them. If you choose to play by consent, that is fine, however, please understand the continuity as a whole is generally strict and works on IC actions = IC consequences. That said, if your character dies it must be out of play for a minimum of a month (4 weeks) real-time. Self-resurrection is not supported, there must be at least one other person involved (not an alt) and the resurrection must be acted out in character.
7. Character Rip-Offs. Don't do it. Have some originality. If you happen to use a name of a character you liked from a book or a movie, or model your character off of that character, that's somewhat understandable, but we will not allow or recognize a completely ripped off character in this continuity.
8. Technology/Advancements. Any new species, technological advancement, building ideas, etc. should be presented and approved by staff. ICly, any technology beyond our current understanding is made null by a device that resides in the castle (it simply ceases to work until brought back outside the limits of the device). I and the admin team are always open to discussion on things that might make for good plot, so feel free to PM or whisper us with your ideas. Most of the rich history of Etla and Eileadora is all player created. I encourage all members to add to the story.
9. NPCs. Since we couldn't possibly have enough of a player base to cover all expected jobs and classes that would exist in a cities the size of Eileadora and Valshiem, obviously a few NPCs will exist, and thus are expected to be recognized. NPC citizens, guards, fishermen, dockhands, shopkeepers, traders, etc. These are typically only controlled by seasoned members of the community or by staff for large-scale plots but can otherwise be 'used' for smaller scale RPs such as aiding in the spread of city rumors, tending bar, or managing a shop not run by a PC.
10. Discord and other exterior RPs. Since Etla is a continuity, timelines are important. Roleplays should take place in-game to keep with the current timeline whenever possible. Due to the varying locales and schedules of players, we do allow for larger group RPs to happen in Discord, RPR, Skype, etc but the timelines must be well established. Posting must take place within a 24 hour period (no forgetting it's your turn for a week) to keep things moving. If you are in an external RP that is set for a specific range of time, then your character cannot participate in other plots that would be happening at the same time.
11. Common Sense. If you think you're doing something that could get you banned from the dream.. you're probably right. Seems to me, most of you are (or at least should be) mature and intelligent individuals, so please just utilize a little common sense and we should all be fine.
IC=IC. OOC=OOC. This isn't a rule, because it shouldn't have to be but I'm writing it down just so it's been said. OOC knowledge cannot be used ICly. If you're unsure if your character would have access to certain knowledge, simply ask the others involved. Assumptions are bad and cause problems between players and in RP. Let's try our best to keep things drama-free. This tends to be one of the biggest complaints!! Please, just communicate with each other and involve staff whenever necessary. We're here to help.
ICA=ICC Expect that whatever is said or done in the dream can have consequences, either to your character or to the dream itself. The dreams are constantly evolving based on the RPs that happen there. This is meant to be immersive. An idle interaction with someone on the street might influence the roles you both play in a later story. We try to avoid take-backsies however:
We understand that some people play by consent rules and some do not, that sometimes there are 'too many cooks', and that sometimes there are circumstances where a storyline just gets messy. If a plot gets to an unfair/unorganized point, admins can step in to help make adjustments. We want everyone to enjoy their experience here.
I also ask that plot ideas that will majorly alter either of the dreams be run by me (Aantara/Bee/Elora) beforehand so I can plan accordingly for dream edits and/or assist with timing around other large plots.