FURCADIA USER AGREEMENT
The Furcadia software and service is provided by Dragon's Eye Productions, Inc. which will be referred to as 'Dragon's Eye' for the remainder of this document. By downloading the Furcadia software or using the Furcadia service and related services such as the web site, message boards and social media sites, you acknowledge that you agree to these rules and policies, and will abide to them. You agree that these rules will apply to anyone that you allow to use your computer or individual characters that are on your account, and that you are personally responsible for the consequences, including suspension from the game, the message boards and/or the web site, that may result if any such individual violates these rules. You acknowledge that if your account(s) and privileges to use the Furcadia service are terminated by Dragon's Eye for any reason, you will not be entitled to a refund of any fees paid for special items and you will forfeit any unused time on said special items that you have remaining at the time of the termination.
These Rules and Policies may be changed, and new rules may be added, at any time. You agree to check this document from time to time to review any new rule changes that Dragon's Eye may have made.
You further agree to read carefully Furcadia's Terms of Service located here.
RULES AND POLICIES
PREFACE: Most of our rules are about showing respect for the other people that you interact with while you are playing Furcadia. In most instances, if you aren't deliberately trying to make someone else upset or unhappy, you won't be breaking any rules. However, to make things more clear for everyone and provide guidelines, we've put together the following list of rules which are enforced by a specially trained group of volunteers called the Guardians and by company staff members.
1. The dodging of Furcadia's profanity filter by using spelling variations, special characters, or other means is not permitted. When entering a main area of Furcadia, you are expected to read the entry text to learn about the Standard of behavior for the area you are in. An explanation of the different standards can be found at: https://cms.furcadia.com/help/tosrules/standards
2. You may not "spam". Spamming is the continued flooding of the screen with the same thing or nonsense text. This includes the use of third-party software that encrypts text so that it can only be read by users of the same software (other players only see garbled text). This also includes sending numerous "summon/join" requests to other players, and submitting multiple help requests in rapid succession.
3. Anything resembling combat or inciting violence must be kept off Furcadia's main maps, unless otherwise noted in the entry text of an area. This includes assaults of any kind.
4. You may not use any offensive, sexually explicit, racially offensive or hateful language in maps with the E8+ or T+ standards. Racially offensive or hateful language is not allowed even on maps designated for older players (M16+, A18+, and AO standards), and the word rape or any variations thereof (raping, raped, rapist, rapeable, etc.) are not permitted ANYWHERE in Furcadia. You may not play characters that are under 18 or that appear childlike in A18+ and AO areas. "Age-Play" is prohibited in Furcadia. These rules also apply to character descriptions and costumes.
You must read and follow the "Standard" set for each map. The Standard for each map is noted in the entry text, which you are expected to read when you enter a map or a Dream. Dream Owners are responsible for maintaining and enforcing the standard they have selected for their Dream. Voice and video chat connected to a Furcadia event must match the Standard of the Dream they are broadcasted from. Content of in-game broadcast and chat channels must be appropriate to the associated group's standard, and the owner of a channel is responsible for policing it. An explanation of the different standards can be found at: https://cms.furcadia.com/help/tosrules/standards.
5. You may not harass other players, sexually or otherwise. rape and public vulgarity are serious offenses in Furcadia, and will result in severe consequences. If you see this kind of behavior, please save your log file and report it to a Guardian immediately. Reports must be submitted in a timely manner for them to be actionable. Intent matters, so even seemingly non-offense word choices or behaviors may be considered harassment if your aim is to upset another player or make their Furcadia experience unpleasant.
6. If you are harassed by another player, you may follow exactly the steps outlined in 'How to use the Silence Rule' to make them stop (https://www.furcadia.com/beekins/guardians/). If you do so, Furcadia staff will enforce the Silence Rule as necessary. If you decide not to use the Silence Rule, this is considered to be a decision on your part to continue to interact verbally with the other individual, and also to constitute permission for them to continue speaking to you (however, it does not constitute permission to continue harassing you). It is strongly recommended that you properly ignore the harassing player as specified in the instructions located on the webpage mentioned above.
7. You may not prevent other players from entering Dreams or accessing areas on main maps, regardless of the means used to do so. Dream Owners have the right to regulate who comes into their own Dreams and can eject or banish players from their Dreams at their own discretion. Furcadia staff or the Guardians will not interfere with ejections or Dream-specific banishments decided on by Dream owners.
8. OOC speech and actions must be kept to whispers on designated IC main maps, such as Goldwyn and Theriopolis.
9. In freeform role-playing, when someone says or poses something that imposes a result on your character, or states or implies that you have done something specific, you may choose to proceed as if that thing never happened to you. This is known as the consent rule. If you are playing in a Dream that has its own combat system or other sets of rules, however, you are expected to do your best to play along with those rules while you are in that Dream. Dream Owners always have the final say on such matters within their own Dreams.
10. Only Dream Package Dreams have assigned Dream locations. All others are on a "first come, first served" basis. The exception to this is when taking spots as a means of harassment of individuals or Groups. Harassment of Dreams and Groups in Furcadia is not allowed.
11. Furcadia staff does not help with or enforce role-play or IC (in-character) continuity rules or storylines, including official continuity. The exception to this is rape or "ageplay" on any map or Dream, or any role-play that violates the rules and policies outlined in this document. With the exception of rape, "ageplay", server crashing, large-scale harassment and other rule violations that affect a player or Furcadia beyond the scope of the Dream, enforcement of anything within a player owned Dream is up to the Dream owner.
12. Bots and proxies are not supported by staff in Furcadia. Players are responsible for keeping their bots within the rules and off main map areas (other than Allegria Island). Bots loaded on Allegria Island may not emote/emit messages more than once a minute. All messages must be appropriate for these T+ areas and may not exceed the length of six (6) lines. Additionally, bots loaded on these maps must give all spoken and emitted responses to commands via whisper. (This includes deliveries made by delivery bots.) Bots on public maps may not whisper players who have not requested information (no unsolicited advertisement by whisper). If a bot or proxy interferes with the game service, its use is not permitted. See also the rule about use of third party software.
13. Third party software, including proxies, bot tools and other utilities, are not supported by Dragon's Eye or its staff. If you use such programs, you are responsible that they do not interfere with the operation and stability of the Furcadia service, and that they do not harm or harass other players. Additionally, Dragon's Eye assumes no responsibility or liability for any damage that third party software may cause to your system, including but not limited to infection with viruses or trojans, system crashes, loss of files, etc. Players who choose to use one or more third party software programs do so at their own risk. It is a violation of these terms to make or use any third party program that breaks any agreements in this document or rules that you were notified of in the game. The use of third party software that automatically creates characters is not permitted.
If you use any third party software to enable you to connect to Furcadia, including but not limited to proxies or third party clients, Dragon's Eye makes no guarantee that software will remain available and will continue to be compatible with future Furcadia updates. Any maintenance, bug fixes, and updates that may be required in such third party applications are the sole responsibility of the authors of the software, and if they choose not to maintain their software DEP takes no responsibility for fixing it, updating it, or compensating users for any loss of ability to access Furcadia that may result.
14. You may not impersonate Furcadia representatives, employees of Dragon's Eye and associated companies, or pretend to be a member of staff (this includes members of the volunteer groups, in this case). It is also not permitted to create characters for the sole purpose of impersonating, making fun of, insulting, or harassing other players.
15. You may not log on another player's character without their permission, nor may you attempt to gain the character or account information of other players or distribute their passwords to other players. Even if you are given the password or learn of it by any given means, you may not log on a player's character without their express permission. You may under no circumstances log onto another player's account. Note that characters and accounts are different from one another.
All character names belong to Dragon's Eye. Players are given a limited license for the use of the name that can be revoked at any time and for any reason. Until specific in-game commands or web site services are offered for this purpose, it is currently not possible to transfer the license for the use of a character to another player. Until these commands or services are provided by Dragon's Eye, the player whose account the character is on is considered the responsible party, and cannot forego the privileges that come with the character license and responsibility for any actions performed by that character (unless the character was stolen or used without permission by a different player). If a character is not on an account, the player who created it is considered the player responsible for it. If a player gives another player temporary permission, which can always be revoked by the account holder, to use a character, they still retain the responsibility for the character. Sharing accounts is not permitted under any circumstances.
Trading of individual character names by any means other than the officially provided tools for this specific purpose by Dragon Eye's is not supported and done at the player's sole risk. Attempting to exploit this guideline, e.g. "selling" a character and then requesting Furcadia staff to return it, is against the rules and may lead to the deletion of the character and the player's suspension from the game. Accounts (as opposed to individual characters) may not be shared, gifted, sold, traded or purchased under any circumstances. If an individual character is shared, the player whose account the character is on is responsible for the character and all actions done through it. It is suggested not to share individual characters.
Note: Trading individual character names in ways other than by using the official tools that will be provided for this purpose is only temporarily tolerated, but not supported, until these official tools are released.
16. You may not use Furcadia to obtain or distribute personal "real life" information (ie: name, phone number, location and address, etc..) or media (ie: photographs, audio or video recordings, etc..) of other players without their prior express permission. This includes posting URLs in Furcadia which show such things. You may also not publicly post or distribute private whisper conversations without prior express permission from all parties, or link to such logs, screenshots, videos, and so forth. Private conversations, such as one-on-one chats, or chats that took place in private Dreams, maps or areas, are treated like whispers and may not be publicly shared or distributed without prior express permission from all involved parties. For live streaming of Furcadia, the following rule applies: If a player live streams and is whispered, or whispers someone while streaming, and the whispers are shown in the live stream, the player must notify the person of it. If that person then continues whispering or answers if they were whispered first, they give permission for the whispers to be shown.
17. Players who are considered to be minors, or dependent adults, under the laws of their local jurisdiction may not enter restricted adult maps. Parents or legal guardians are urged to make use of the Parental Controls, located in the configurations utility (config.exe) that is part of your Furcadia installation. Players under thirteen years of age may use Furcadia only with permission and direct supervision of their parents or legal guardians and their legal guardians must create their account. Parents or legal guardians are legally responsible for the actions of their minor children and dependent adults in Furcadia or on any services offered by Dragon's Eye.
18. You may not attempt to hack or crash the server or related services, and you may not exploit any bug or vulnerability in Furcadia, the web site, the forum or the Digo Market. If you find a critical bug or vulnerability, you must immediately notify a staff member. You may not communicate the existence of any such bug to any other player, post the information on our forum or make the details public in any other way. Attempting to break or breaking the encryption of Dreams is also not allowed.
19. It is solely your own responsibility to ensure that you do not violate any local, state, national or international law or regulation. You agree to indemnify Dragon's Eye from any liability which may arise from any such violations, or from any other actions you take which cause harm or damages to another individual, whether they are a Furcadia player or not.
20. Temporary policies may go into effect at any time for various things going on in-world and related services. These will not be listed in this document, but you may be informed of them through other means such as an opening screen announcement, in-game announcement, entry text on maps, or a message, whisper, email or other form of communication directly from an official staff member or Guardian volunteer. You agree that you will abide by these when informed of them.