Created: Sunday, 25 October 2015 07:15
Written by Cironir
Halloween is just around the corner, and that means it's Wolf Howl time in Furcadia! The updated Festival Dream opened just a few days ago! Not satisfied with just exploring and socializing? How about the Wolf Howl contests? That's right, as every year there are fantastic creativity contests that you can participate in! Whether you're a skilled Dreamweaver, an established (or infamous) cook (really writer!), love pumpkin carving, are great with sounds, there's a category for you to enter. Attractive prizes and fame await!
In the Summer Newsletter we mentioned Update 31a, which is just around the corner now! It's the first of the two major Second Dreaming updates that lay the ground for great things to come. If you haven't checked out our very, very long development video in late spring, or the Summer Newsletter, have a look at those! We'll also need help with the beta testing of the update. If you're interested, keep an eye on our news blog, Facebook, and Twitter!
The main objective of this update, besides laying down the foundation and updating the internal engine of Furcadia, is to get the 32-bit editors into everybody's paws. These editors will give everyone the ability to prepare their Dreams for 32-bit. Yes, the new Lighting included! Backers will also be able to load their new 32-bit Dreams! This update will also feature new Account logins and a new, modern web Character Editor with the ability to save out costumes. Additionally, most of the 6,000+ free default patches (plus some new art!) will be remodeled into 32-bit and included in the install to help you get your Dream ready for 32-bit in time for Update 31b!
As Felorin pointed out the other day, "They say the first 90% of a project takes 90% of the effort, the last 10% takes the other 90%. That's kinda true, only that second 90% is squeezed into even less time!" We're rather excited about the progress made, and we look forward to a possibly turbulent year full of great Furcadia milestones!
To keep you better updated, we've started to post more frequent news in our News Blog. The ones that are related to The Second Dreaming are for Backers and Sponsors only (you still have a little time to become a supporter!), but there will also be general news for everybody! Visit the blog frequently for updates and pictures!
Last but not least, we have started a new sales event where you can win huge prizes! Last month it was a Custom Avatar Space, and this month it is a Gold Sponsorship for Life. What the grand prize for November will be? We'll reveal it soon! Speaking of revealing: The Fireclaw avatar, a very magical tiger, is about to be kindled! The party for its introduction is scheduled for Monday, October 26th, at 7:00 PM Furcadia Time (that's the same as Central Time). Hope to see you there! Oh, and if you have missed it's arrival, the Buggie is here now, too!
That's it for this month! We wish you the very best and that life smiles on you, always.